Donate Services And Much-Needed Items To Women In York Region
If you are able to donate your services, or any of the following essential items, please call 905-252-0694 or email email@example.com to arrange for delivery.
We try to keep this list up-to-date, however due to space limitations and priority needs, there are times we have to regretfully turn away certain items. For this reason, please call ahead before making your donation.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and thoughtfulness.
- Non-perishable, unopened food items (including: pasta, canned or jarred pasta sauce, canned diced tomatoes, peanut butter, jam, rice, canned vegetables and fruits, Kraft dinner, soups, crackers, oatmeal and cereal)
- Gift cards to grocery, department, and clothing stores (Walmart, Giant Tiger, President’s Choice, Shoppers Drugmart, Dollarama, Winners, etc.)
- Gas Cards (Petro-Canada, Esso, Shell, etc.)
- New bedding for twin and double beds (comforters, bed sheets, pillowcases, pillows)
- New bath towels and face cloths
- cleaning wipes
- New dish detergents and laundry detergents
- Diapers (larger sizes)
- New pajamas (for women and children – all sizes)
- New underwear for women and children – all sizes
- New Winter coats/boots
Essential Items To Help Women After They Leave The Shelter
We accept the following items in new and unused condition:
- Can openers
- Paring knives
- Frying pans and pots
- Bowls and plates
Sorry, We Are Temporarily Not Accepting
- Travel size toiletries
- Used clothing
Large Appliances And Furniture
Unfortunately, we have limited storage space and cannot accept large appliance and furniture donations. From time to time, we will list priority needs for such items here.
We are currently not accepting used clothing donations.
We are prohibited from accepting the following items due to health and safety concerns:
- Any vitamins or health supplements
- Any form of over-the-counter medication
- Any items with images of wine or alcohol
- Any wine or alcohol
- Chocolates filled with liqueur
- Opened toiletries
- Opened cosmetics
- Any items passed their “best before” or “expiry dates”
- Any items that are stained
- Any items that need to be repaired
- Used undergarments
- Used baby cribs
- Used toys
Thank you for your support!