Donate Much-Needed Items To Women In York Region
If you are able to donate any of the following essential items, please call 905-252-0694 or email email@example.com to arrange for delivery.
We try to keep this list up-to-date, however due to space limitations and priority needs, there are times we have to regretfully turn away certain items. For this reason, please call ahead before making your donation. Please do not drop off items without prior arrangements.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and thoughtfulness.
At this time, the following are the only type of donations we are able to accept at this time:
Sorry, We Are Temporarily Not Accepting anything else at this time
- Non-perishable, unopened food items (including: pasta, canned or jarred pasta sauce, canned diced tomatoes, peanut butter, jam, rice, canned vegetables and fruits, Kraft dinner, soups, crackers, tuna, juice boxes, coffee, tea, oatmeal and cereal)
- Gift cards to grocery, department, and clothing stores (Walmart, Giant Tiger, President’s Choice, Shoppers Drugmart, Winners, etc.)
- Gas Cards (Petro-Canada, Esso, Shell, etc.)
- Paper towels
- New dish detergents and laundry detergents
- Diapers (larger sizes) and pull-ups
- New Winter coats/boots
Essential Items To Help Women After They Leave The Shelter
We accept the following items in new and unused condition:
- Frying pans and pots
- Bed comforters and sheets
Sorry, We Are Temporarily Not Accepting anything else
Large Appliances And Furniture
Unfortunately, we have limited storage space and cannot accept large appliance and furniture donations. From time to time, we will list priority needs for such items here.
We are currently not accepting any clothing donations.
We are prohibited from accepting the following items due to health and safety concerns:
- Any vitamins or health supplements
- Any form of over-the-counter medication
- Any items with images of wine or alcohol
- Any wine or alcohol
- Chocolates filled with liqueur
- Opened toiletries
- Opened cosmetics
- Any items passed their “best before” or “expiry dates”
- Any items that are stained
- Any items that need to be repaired
- Used undergarments
- Used baby cribs
- Used toys
Thank you for your support!